Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Saturday, April 03, 2004

*mutters* Right - well, after discovering that I've /three/ snails dead, not just one, I decided to test the water. I'm not precisely certain /how/ (I imagine the high temps I was running for a while might have had something to do with it, though..) I've got high nitrate levels. VERY high nitrate levels. *grumble* Nitrate will kill fish. Or at least, grow lots of algae. *sigh*

Okay - gotta get some stuff to treat the water. Not amused.
Already treated for cloramine, ammonia and balancing the PH. What I'm using is bottled 'drinking water' - which is soft, high acid water. Most fish haven't got a problem with soft, high acid water. Cichlids prefer lower acid, hard water - some fish like higher levels of alkaline. Most don't. It all depends on what you have. Our tap water is high nitrate, and grows algae pretty much instantly. It's what killed our /last/ tank. (It's also pretty thick - we have two filters on the tap - one a sludge filter to catch the larger crap, and under the kitchen sink to get whatever the big one missed..)
Remembered to replace the filter.. *sighs* Might have been good to do that sooner - so I set up a reminder. Every two weeks... might help.

Working on an NPC sketch - I think it's Lady Martyne. Got the right kind of face for it, at least... Not happy with it though. Need to do some other stuff for a while... grab some of my people out of the deep, dark corners they're hiding in for fear I'll do horrible things to them on paper... *chuckles*
Could be worse - I could be doing terrible things to them in WordPro. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home