Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Of packing and quilts..

The quilt-descrips I swore I'd posted in the comment-thingie - evidently I was mistaken. O.o

Anyway. The one that really stood out was mostly white, with a dark blue border and blue 'compass rose' in the middle. I saw patchwork, the stitched squares (of every variety and colour) and one or two that looked like barghello (I /think/ one of the barghello-like one was in all my favourite shades - dark reds, blues, greens, purples... /nice/ quilt). That last one was near the fiber pen (well, they put low curtain walls all the way around us with a large opening in one side - 'pen' seems to fit..) so it might have gotten into one of the photos. Maybe. Going to have to get 'em developed and see if I got anything. And get the rest of the digicam... Heh.

Been packing on and off for the past few days - mostly assembling the small crap that always seems to take days to get packed - and trying to figure out how the @!$% to pack all our books in a fashion that won't bust us to cart them. And that's not just the fiction and whatnot. I also refer to all the gaming books, comics, graphic novels and manga we own (Comics are mostly Crossgen - Meridian, Mystic and Scion. GN are Usagi Yojimbo, some Stinz, more Crossgen, Elfquest and some other misc... manga are DBZ (only the first one) and Hellsing. Anyone surprised? ^^) and my art supplies and old sketchbooks. Gah. Anyone got a Hobbies Anonymous group anywhere? >.<

However, all that having been said, most of my statuary has made it into a box - that's everything except what is in the case with my Whelan dragon and the HUGE ceramic dragon.. and, uh, Gollum and a couple of others... including my large chinese dragon, the black one that is a hunk of welsh coal (hee.), a pillar candle holder.. um.. I think my dragon collection is bigger than I thought. O.o
It is quite possible I will have a picture of /all/ of it all together once we get moved in - including the Whelan dragon - and I can .. well.. show them off. Heh.

Now all I have to do is get the bloody things packed somehow. A couple of those are going to be a bitch to pack... three immediately come to mind.

Going to have to ruthlessly winnow some stuff... oh. Wait - I'm /already/ doing that!!! O.o
Heh, heh, heh.

Okay, ruthlessly winnow /more/ stuff. Hah.
Like some of my prints and posters. Erh, well - /one/ of my prints and some of my posters. Heh. The rest I'll keep .... ^^
Waugh. Need to assemble (literally? Hee!) some boxes in the next week or so..

Ai! Nearly finished painting the end-table - the exterior is now a nice, shiny black and the inside shelf is cut. I'm going to attack /that/ with some sandpaper a little later on and then work out how to clean the brush so I can paint the inside and the shelf. ^^
I /think/ I got the slate cleaned off, too (Copious application of vinegar and water. We will see if that was enough, or if I will actually be forced to take /soap/ to it..). So soon I can reassemble it. S'pose I'll have to take pictures, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home