Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor day..

A day on which we don't /do/ anything.

Is this another of those holidays upon which all have forgotten the true meaning? Wouldn't surprise me, honestly. ... Okay, maybe not. According to at least one website, it's a holiday created for workers in the states. (And what the /hell/ is wrong with weekends?) Still, seems a little /odd/ to me to refer to a national day off as 'Labor' day. Eh. Government...

I promised some pics, ne? I finally got around to uploading them - only two, right now. Keep forgetting to poke everybody ELSE for pics.. Anyway.

The trained Trlbys - while I was flying them, since Andi took the pic..
Trlby diamonds in train

You can /see/ that I'm flying two kites in this pic - the last one wasn't /nearly/ as good. ^^

And Mom's rotating box kite - while /she/ was flying it.
The neat rotating box - is that nifty or what?
This thing goes up like a dream, when you've got the wind to lift it. For quite a while, it marked our 'spot' on the beach while we wandered around and flew kites and dropped handles and generally had a good time. ^^

And - *sigh* Looks like it's my turn to have comp issues. Andi isn't sure if it's the mobo having issues or the RAM sticks simply disagreeing with each other (unlikely, since they were bought at the same place at the same time, but possible), but I've got a hardware issue. *grumble*
For some reason, I'm currently hoping it's the mobo - that's not as expensive a fix as replacing the RAM. (I was under the opposite impression, but maybe that's just because I've always seen the pocket-book EEK! of replacing the mobo and the CPU all at once... Meep.)

*sighs* Well, maybe I'll take advantage of it - I've always wanted some round drive cables...
However, I'm not amused. This seems to be an ongoing thing - I cannot have a comp without /something/ being wrong with it from the get-go. And here I always thought that was Jet/Ayzur getting comfortable.......

Bleh. Gonna hit the Convention later, get my mind off all this... stuff. *pokes Jet* Behave, missy - or I won't write about you anymore. Or I'll do to you what I do to the /rest/ of the peanut gallery........
*long, debating silence, sense of vague amusement and assent*

... I shoulda known. Right. I'm going to go do something about my hair....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home