Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

One thing about this ..

It's encouraging more blog posts.
Of course, that's only a good thing if you're interested enough to /read/ them .. ^^

Actually, it's a good thing for me too - I get more practice blathering on about nothing. This, perhaps, will encourage me to actually /do/ something, therefore giving me something to blather about.
... well, so much for making sense.

Anyway.

skipped breakfast, as usual - had oatmeal for lunch. Yes, you /can/ make oatmeal with non-instant oats in the microwave. I do it all the time.
I sprinkled turbinado over it, dumped some half and half on it and called it good. ^^

Dinner was Tuna Cats - cassarole, more properly, but a mispell on the dry-erase board changed it's name. This is basically tuna, noodles (Macaroni, bow ties or shells..) a can of condensed cream of mushroom, a carton of sour cream, some slivered almonds, green beans and cheddar cheese - with a little Old Bay and granulated garlic - all smashed together and thrown in the oven.
a handful or so of Cadbury Minieggs made for dessert.

Does /anyone/ use condensed soup for anything besides cooking? With the notable exception of cream of tomato (Which I haven't come up with a use for - tomato sauce is far superior in most recipes), I have yet to see cream of ANYTHING soup that wasn't home made... admittedly, cream soups aren't something we eat much of.

... hmm. Leek season must be coming up - time to plan potato soup. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home