Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Oops.

I did it again. ^.~

No, no, not THAT. *grins*
I brought another kitten home. Yes, Andi was with me. No, he didn't discourage me. This one is mostly black, with white mittens on the front feet, white socks on the back, a white tip on her tail and a white stripe that goes from her muzzle all the way down to her tail on the underside.
We decided to call her 'Amulette' - we've already got a Fetish. ^.~ (Token and Talisman were also suggested, but turned down. I know there are others, but I couldn't remember any...) She's currently asleep in a little basket on my desk.
I'll arrange for pics later....

Shots and a chip need to be arranged - I will probably be calling the vet Monday. (I don't /think/ they're formally open on weekends...

Fundays was, what we saw of it, pretty cool. The parade was fun - I took some pictures and came home with a partial pocket-load of candy. (I /still/ think throwing candy in parades is the worst damn idea... but I'm not shy about taking advantage of it!)
This time, they had a tank. No, not a /tank/ tank - but it was close enough for me. They've never done that before...

And, my belly-dance group was there! Holy crap! It was actually pretty funny, because I got like three pictures of them - and then three of the six or so recognised me and there was hugging. *amused* It was neat. That's never happened before. ^^;

I didn't take pics of /everything/ - but there was some nifty stuff. The usual politians, fire engines and church floats, a group of cheerleaders, two groups of martial artists (one that had a moving stick-fight (probably has a name) as they walked - that was interesting) a flower-cake float (one of the local nurseries, I think..) which was nifty and I wish, in retrospect, that I'd gotten a picture of it... Rodeo queens on horseback, the local Auxiliary (Vets! Thank you!) doing the Colour Guard - I'd like to think Andi and I weren't the only ones who stood to attention in respect...
And, obviously, the belly dancers and some antique cars (And what might have been a couple of honest to purple monster trucks.. o.O), bunches of kids and adults riding bicycles, ATVs, motorcycles and other things - I think there was a goat too ... o.O
It was a pretty serious parade - and I got pics of the stuff that interested me. ^.~

I think Mom and Ladd are still considering taking the hounds down to socialize the Misses Mayhem - should be interesting.

*checks* ... Amulette is asleep. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home