Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Okay.
Either, I've got to stop inventing people, or I have to find something to DO with them all.

Aurian is in the Peanut Gallery. I can hear him cheering from here - usually, me actually /drawing/ one of this lot means they're here to stay.. *sighs*
Oh well. He'll be easier to find space for than, say, Embyr....

Anyway, you get two views of Aurian - his 'human' self, and his dragon-self. The 'human' self is coloured. The dragon-self isn't. Highly detailed, yes. ^^

Btw - I /really/ dislike the concept-designs for ADnD dragons - the metallics are mostly okay, but a lot of the chromatics are enough to make me collapse laughing - the blues are the worst... mutated rhinos on steriods. *tilts head* Plot Rhinos with wings? *snerk*
Anyway - I'd like to bap the guy who did that first one... I've always had the impression that even - especially - the evil dragons had a fierce beauty; something feral and untameable. Reds have it. To a limited extent, Blacks have it. But the rest?! Uh uh. Laughable, at best.

I /do/ rather like some of the concept designs for the metallics though - the golds particularly appeal to me.
Not sure why - the whiskers are silly and /completely/ detract from the effect to my mind - but the way they look in flight is .... just wow.
That's a common wing-style, too - the coppers also have it, and ... I think the brass dragons. I don't remember how the bronze's wings were set, but the silvers were the typical gigantic bat-wings set up. Still impressive.

I can reproduce at least two, if not three or four of their dragon-types. Actually, I can probably reproduce all of them - I just refuse to draw the atrocity that is their idea of blue dragons.
^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home