Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Of days and boxes ...

Another day, another couple of boxes. My room looks like a bombsite...

However, I think I've /finally/ gotten all the books boxed (and ran out of space for boxes under my desk - almost /all/ of those have books in them...) and a large portion of my crafty-stuff and the 'office' stuff that needed packed up, plus some other oddments that fit into that particular box.
Including several prints.

Two of them I'm going to have to finagle something with cardboard (cadboard? *snicker*) and bubble-wrap, I think - unless I can find a large flat box of the proper dimension (about 20" x 18" to be safe, and 3" to 4" thick). Somehow, I don't see that happening, so I'm probably going to finagle - or stick it in a suitcase with clothing for padding! Heh.
Something like that.

Something that amuses me - most people have a little bag or small box they use for a first-aid kit. I have a medium-sized bin. ^^
Plenty of room for miscellanious things. Need to get some bag balm (Technically, farmers use it to keep the udders of their milking cows soft and pliable. It is also a great antiseptic and works on peoples as well as cows), aloe lotion and .. hmm. There's an ointment that's supposedly a natural remedy for bruises and the like, and naturally, I don't remember what it was. My brain thinks 'Aconite', but that isn't it and I /know/ that ain't it. Hrrrrf. Well, if I remember what it was I'll edit it in..

We hit the Wall, earlier - obstensively after padding for the dining-room chairs - and got that, and some mits, pads and towels for the kitchen, and another table-lamp. Can you believe, they sell lamps that require a harp to support the shade, but not the harps? Oh, you /can/ buy them - in a full lamp-innard replancement kit - but you can't buy the harp by itself seperately. And even the big shades that need harps don't come with them.
Does this make sense? Next time I'm in Bi-mart or Lowe's I'll see if I can find where they hide them - assuming, of course, that the guy who finally led us to the lamp-innard replacement kit was right.

Hm. Probably should have gone looking at the cast iron while I was there. Oh well. Next time, possibly. Or I'll con Mom into the mythical Goodwill in Beaverton that sells its crap by the pound..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home