Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Of Corel and final tests...

Well. I was getting ready to go and debating cold pizza for breakfast when the phone, aka the doorbell, goes off. I answered it, and lo and behold, it's DHL with a package. Okay. Out I go to pick this thing up. I sign, he hands me this box that is huge but weighs nothing and I come back in.
I tend to check mailing labels when I get a parcel, so I knew before I got it in the door that it was my Corel package. YES! I spent the next minute or so literally jumping up and down and Eeeee!'ing like a japanese school girl after her first tentacle .. wait. That's not necessarily a good thing. Anyway. Jumping up and down and squee'ing.... So I tear open the box, which is like a foot wide, a foot or two long and about three inches thick and get a slightly smaller box and a CD. Inside the smaller box are four more CDs and a registration number.
Lots of fuss and bother for five CDs and a hunk of thin cardstock.... *wry grin*

So, anyway. I have Corel. It has CorelDRAW, CorelPAINT and CorelRAVE - not to mention CAPTURE and TRACE - gah. More Corel than I've ever really /used/ - but DRAW has some useful Vector graphics toys and makes business cards and neat stuff like that. ^^
I dunno 'bout RAVE - it's an animation toy of a sort, I think, that might be fun to mess with... or not. We'll see. ^^

Finals. Hee. Went in early - am always there early, but the teacher showed up early too, so I didn't have to sit around in the cold waiting like I normally do. Had enough time to practice the aspect of the test that I didn't manage last night before it was time to actually take the thing, so I did that and figured out how to make the bastard work, then it was time to take the test.
Basically, it's Word, Excel and Access - we didn't cover Basic basics, Internet or Powerpoint, or, for that matter, integration of Excel and Word - and he had part of the Word file already typed up for us. So. I blast through it, with only a little hesitation here and there and one stop when I was done to double check everything before handing in my disk.
Not only did I get an A in that class, I passed the final in record time. For this term, anyway. ^^ The previous record was fifty minutes - I passed it in forty. YES! Bonus points! Heh, heh, heh...

So, yeh. Good morning for me. ^^
Still freaking about the writing though, although I'm thinking to work on that later today and evidence some of my disgust with the political crap surrounding the subject...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home