Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Of malls and buses and new muse-kick

Damnit, I /hate/ malls.
Why then, was I in a mall? Oh, that's really quite simple. I needed something, and unfortunately, about nine times out of ten, the simplest way to get something I need is to hike my sorry little ass out to a mall. *sigh*

This time, the something was a swimsuit. Before you start snickering, I will have you know that I am not interested in 'fashionable' swimsuits. I don't do frills, ruffles, 'slimming designs', open backs (the straps slip off my shoulders and usually leads to embarassing oopsies) or shelf-bras (actually, that might be useful. But I am not willing to put up with the rest of the frippery just for that). So, I buy and wear competition-style one-piece suits. They also tend to last longer, being designed specifically for wearing and being worn in the water often.
No, you can't find that in a fashionable store. Okay. So I do a search on competition suit-makers. Hm. There's one with an outlet in Square. Okay - so, I talk to the Andi and we decide that, if he's fit, we'll go deal with that today.
As it turns out, that outlet is no longer /in/ Square. Shit. Okay. So, we have lunch (greek - as it turns out, my lamb-tacos are actually gyros. Only I don't put lettuce and tomato in mine, and the tzaziki they use has pepper or possibly a hell of a lot more garlic. Cool!), and tramp around looking for the place. No beans.
But Sam Goody is closing shop, so we go and poke around for a bit in the hopes of cheap music or movie and come out with a copy of the Noir soundtrack. This is something an ex introduced me to that I found interesting - the music alone was worth being sat down to watch it (although I admit, I enjoy anime, and Noir was one of the more interesting things I have seen). So. Got that. Next mall.
... Nope. I won't even bore you with that one. Next! Center.
On the offchance, we went through Meier and Frank. Nope. So, we go after a mall directory, poke around a bit and - voila! a swim-wear outlet! Yes! I actually squee'd aloud - that is how overjoyed I was that we had finally come to an end to the quest. So, down we go and I start poking through the available suits. Some interesting things, but I finally come out with a black and a water-patterned suit and a chamois for drying purposes. Yay! Back up a level, for ice-cream, then we sat around eating icecream and watching the little girls practice in the rink three levels below us.

We left around 1:30 and didn't get back until nearly 9:30. Does this tell you how much we did /NOT/ want to have to go out looking again? And poor Andi - he had his toenail taken out two days ago (he's fine - it's hardly hurting him at all, despite what the doc told him - just grumbly because it doesn't like shoes and he's got even weirder feet than /I/ do for fitting purposes, so no sandals) and had to do all that walking... Does /anyone/ know where I can find birkenstocks? He might benefit...

And I've got flipflops. I haven't got a problem with flipflops, really, but as a rule, I hardly ever wear them. In this case though, I've got them for the locker room, because the traction in there is terrible and the floors hurt my poor little footies. Can't tell I don't go barefoot, can you? ;p
*grin* They're purple. I /like/ purple...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home