Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Fish?!

Heh.
So much for a unproductive spawn - yesterday we fished ten babies out of the betta-spawning tank, and earlier today I found one more, bringing it up to a grand total of eleven little bettas. *tilts head* Thank the gods - I was /not/ looking forward to another hundred little jars. Some people spawn these little buggers and wind up with /hundreds/ of little tiny fish... o.O

My tank's humming along just fine - and it's occured to me that selling mollies might offset the costs of food, filters and whatnot. What a concept...
Dunno why it didn't occur before - anyway, I'm debating where to get a couple more female lyre-tails. I could get blacks or dalmations, but I would rather have the silvers. I /like/ the silvers, they're pretty. Mom kinda went 'bleh' - but she's got all those loud killies... at least, she does if she can stop killing them. She lost the female lucania goodei a while back (and the guy she bought that pair from replaced them - /eight/ pairs! Meep..), the female nothobranchus kilembaronsus(sp?)> - hopefully not before she laid a bunch of eggs in the peat-box - but now we've only the male nothos.. She lost the rivulus xiph-somethings - raw water killed them, and the guy she got 'em from is all willing to replace them .. NOT until July and she's back from Missouri though! *sighs* Small relief that, I think... but I'll take what I can get!

Anyway, the baby-fish count in the big tank is thirteen - eleven bettas and two endlers, with the other endler female looking ready to pop... it'll probably be a week or so before we notice the tiny little fish. ^^

Haven't accomplished much about updates - got a sketch of the Woodwright trio (Mariah, Keil and Krysse) in the works - /not/ happy with Frost. Apparently, giant wolves are not my forte. We'll see about that - in the meantime, I'm going to try and figure out why a 5'something redhead has come out looking mildly Callisto-esque. (The armour - not the hair. Thank god. O.o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home