Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Of backups and ... and... GRR!

Mostly, because some of these damned programs never put stuff where you expect, and you wind up needing to go all over the @#$%!!!! drives just to find things!
Yes, drives - I've got at least two physical drives and a couple of partitions. Yes, this complicates matters.

I'm running Swindles. Everything's #@$%&!!! complicated...

Backups. Mostly, back up mail, bookmarks, graphics, music (gotta have music..) um ... Literature... I know there's other stuff. ^^

Ah, bad words... I'm probably going to /have/ to shell out for a Corel license... *whinewhinemoneywhine* Can I hope that'll be a one off expense? O.o
At least I can play the Student card and maybe get it cheap... o.O

Oh. Changing physical addies. Gotta do /that/ too, since apparently it's too much trouble for the post office to provide a Change of Address card that you fill out and send (Although, in honesty, I can come up with a lot of good reasons for /that/ one - risk of fraud amongst 'em), so it'll be off to the rounds at the banks and various places later today... tomorrow? Something like that. GAHHH!

The clunker died (So much for the dead battery - the /starter/ bit it. And I think I just figured out why the battery died /anyway/ - Andi forgot to turn the car off after attempting to start it and only getting 'whhh, hwhhhh, hwhhhh'. Oops), and Mom's gone riding today and she's got the truck... Well, /shit/. Erh. Can get to the local bank, anyway... the rest might wind up waiting until tomorrow morning. Erk.

Some we can do online - thank the gods.

Um. What else.. damn. Tomorrow! Time flies.. I ain't done packing yet!!!! Well, I'm not /far/ off - just have to pack up the closet the rest of the way and see if the prints'll fit in the suitcase with them, and .. um.. shove odd shoes/boots into the duffel in the closet.. and.. erm.. shit.

Got to pack up shelving and get the rest of this crap into a box.. and sort some of the contents of other boxes...
Books go with me. Other things... maybe not so much. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home