Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Heh.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

"Note that few leaders have Aura of Command sufficient to inspire their entire force at once."

.... The nearest book was BESM revised 2e. Shut up.

By the way - Master and Commander: Far Side of the World was pretty good. So said my Mom, also - and she's usually pretty hard on movie versions of books she's read. (So'm I, for that matter - it's the reason I nearly tossed my cookies watching Disney's meatgrinder of 'Hercules'.. >.<
Not to mention the garbled messes that have been made out of /other/ books I enjoyed as a kid.. and an adult, for that matter..)

I can only hope they don't mangle 'The Lion, The Witch, and the Warddrobe' - which comes out .. what, next year? I want to see that...
(Which reminds me - I ought to find a copy of the live-action 'Jungle Books' - they didn't mangle that too badly, and I rather enjoyed it... (looked a bit like Tarzan set in India, sure - but it was still okay..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home