Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

I think I'm tempted to strangle my muse. I say that because I got the most useless (if kind of funny) idea /ever/ ... I'm not going to think too hard about the mechanics though.
The scary thing - the rules of the realities involved make it a possibility ...

I'm going to shut up now - I've piqued curiousities enough. Yes, I'll post it. I have to scan it and be pissed because it's not very good. (it's messy as hell, and I bothered to do some colouring, so it's /really/ messy in some places..)

The horse-anatomy issue may be solved. I have a resident expert in my mom - she is quite the artist herself, although she's lost a lot of her 'hand' due to lack of practice... for a long time, I had an ink sketch she did of a pair of unicorns in here - we've still got it, it's migrated downstairs until someone can figure out how in gods'name to /scan/ it.....
Anyway, her thing was horses.
(Found out something interesting - apparently, a horses shoulder (the withers) is not actually /attached/ to their backbone. The shoulderbone floats in all that muscle. And they put all that weight /right/ across that... I am trying to figure out just how the hell that works. Mom never thought about it, which surprised me a little...) Anyway, useless - or not - bit of trivia out of the way...

Feet. Feet are /always/ giving me problems. People feet, animal feet - one toe, three toes or five, it don't matter - it gives me issues. Is there anyone out there who /can/ draw feet? Have you got any useful tips? Willing to /share/?! I can't be the only self-taught frustrated artisty type out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home