Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Whow. What a day....

In the end, we wound up going all the way out to Aloha because the shop in Newberg was - are you ready for this? - closed for renovations.
Apparently, the place switched hands on me, and the guys who are now managing it are remodeling. Can we say 'Aaaargh!'? I thought you could. Should have seen the look on /my/ face..
Anyway, we went to Aloha and into a little shop called 'Rainy Day Games' - and had a blast. We were a little late, but my experience with gamers being what it is, it was okay. We got there at about one, but the actual gaming didn't start until nearly two. I've yet to meet the gamer who did anything on time.. ^.~

We /did/ have fun. I played my own character - whom I had to rebuild, 'cause they were doing 28 point buy and I'd rolled stats with 4d6 drop lowest (And got one of my /best/ score spreads /ever/ ... *sigh*) of course, Andi'd done the same - and he wound up with a pregen. (The mere /idea/ of a halfling barbarian still sends me into hysterics, but it worked.) He was a badass, and my character got to kick much ass.. (Shifter monk - we were playing Eberron.) and it was all good. There were /eight/ of us playing - poor GM - but it went pretty well all told, with a couple of War-forged, a gnome sorceress, a human? cleric, a half-orc druid (Who /really/ got the bad end of the deal - he nearly died once and didn't get to kill /anything/ until later..) and what I think was a halfling rogue. It wasn't an /official/ game - so no experience. Was still fun, and we got goodies! We are now the proud owners of a pair of nifty little minatures. ^^ (Warforged fighter - Eberron specific, my pull, and a Dalelands fighter - various realities apply. Andi's pull. I got a good look at it and - it was Keil. Heh.)
Anyway - that was the day. Too damn much driving, but way worth it in the end. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home