Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Well begun is half done?

Almost, anyway.

Most of the furniture, with the glaring exceptions of our bed and some shelves and nearly /all/ our boxed belongings are over there.
Next run, I take a camera along and take some pics - I /love/ this apartment! It's got a /huge/ ceiling in the living area, 'window seat' benches, the kitchen is cramped, but looks effective for my purposes - (and has dishwasher, a nice electric stove and a mid-sized fridge/freezer combo. The bathroom actually has two sections - the 'bath' area with the toilet and shower/bath and the 'primping' area with the sink, counter and mirror. And not just a 'mirror' either, but a whole /wall/ of it.. Me likes. ^^

Most of the living room is lit from a recessed ledge on the wall, up near the ceiling. There's enough 'ledge' that I can put some of my dragons up there!!!
Neat. ^.~

*much later*
Got in another load - mostly bookshelves and the like and took the opportunity to take a small tank and my fish over. I set them up for now with the tank, water and an airpump - that should keep 'em happy for now.

Also, more bins - another bin of kitchen crap. Mixer, small caliber Salad Shooter (cheese grater! ^.~) blender-and-toys, and some more spices. Maybe I won't have to make that Penzey order until /next/ month... ^^

It looks .. well, it looks like a place we haven't quite moved into yet. I'm not placing furniture until the large pieces are in - the large pieces being couch and bed, specifically..

The bedroom is the only problem - it's /tiny/. The word of She Who Relays the Rules is that we'll probably be able to fit our bed in there, but we won't be doing much but sleep .. well, and that. ^^

I have a work-study orientation I have to be at tomorrow - naturally enough - and won't be able to help much. Andi's figuring haul bed/mattress-boxspring and a bunch of the 'miscellanious' stuff that I couldn't get shifted before in at least one of the loads that goes by tomorrow...
The couch /still/ needs to be fetched out of the storage, but at least it's cushions made it to the apartment. ^.~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home