Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of chained aggrivations...

So, I get a fair amount of email. Family, friends, Freecycle, various online newletters.

A couple of family members send me jokes and stuff. I don't mind the jokes.
However, I loathe, resent and hate the chain mail that often is included in the 'stuff'.
The 'forward this and...' stuff. You know.

... the most recent actively pissed me off. Why? Because it came packed with its own little guilt trip. WHAT?! No, sorry. No, I don't care if I'm 'heartless' because I'm not moved by a bunch of bad poetry to forward a goddamn waste of bandwidth all over the world. You want your cause known? Great. Build a website. Put up signs. Get out on the streets and talk to people.
Do not. DO NOT. Make it a piece of goddamn chain mail. Just don't. It cheapens your effort, makes your cause seem laughable, and worst of all, it hits somebody like me, who refuses point blank to forward any chain mail at all and ... stops.
A website will reach thousands of people. Signs even a thousand more. Getting out and talking to people makes sure that your message reaches your community. Chain mail is worthless, pointless and a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home