Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Of a good day out ...

Well, it was.

We're a little better on the food front now - enough that I think we'll last until Andi's Finaid gets in - and I have boots! (my old boots - a pair of clod-stompers that came to half-way up my leg and zipped up the side - popped some teeth on one of the zippers, rendering them holy a little too near the sole for me to be comfortable. I resent wet feet...). These I'll have to waterproof - they're leather and they actually have more heel than I'm used to, but I /like/ 'em.

... I also got a pair of rather scary platform heels (only four or five inches high). I like /them/, too - platforms don't murder my feet like normal heels, and they give me the same height boost. ^^
I have small feet. Finding shoes that both fit and appeal to my tastes is difficult enough. And I find /most/ of my shoes at Goodwill, or other such 'cheap' outlets, which makes it doubly difficult.

Oh! And I have a teapot now. It's big enough for about three cups. ^^
I like it though - I don't /need/ a big pot, after all - and it's got a beautiful glaze. Must wash it, of course...

So, a good time was had. And the Duckie approves of Anasi - she doesn't want one, but she likes to play with the squishy eyes (soft silicone eyes - originally, I bought them for Anasi, but as it turned out, they're too dark for her. I'm now saving them for Arraman - I think they will work for him) and she got a massive kick out of me pulling an eye out of Anasi's head and handing it to her. Watching me move it around, trying to get it loose of the eye-putty, was also cool.
I have /very/ strange friends. ^^

Of course, it's mostly her fault I'm so hard to squick or shock ... listening to the two of us talk is a little bit like Google Seppuku - there's no winning. One of us will say something. You will get a mental image. And it will probably make you wish you could put out your mind's eye.... Something about zombie were-wolves and a virgin sacrifice...

Um. Anyway. What was I on about? Something. Not that I can remember what. Term starts next Monday. Same schedule as last term. I need to find things to put in the crock.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Duckie said...

you're welcome...
SQUISHIE!!!!!
SHINEE!!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home