Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Of year-end disasters ...

Merry new year. Happy Yule? Umm .. well, whatever.

We hate banks, over here. W3lls F4rg0? Yeh. Screwed us, /bad/. We had one of their cards - student credit, eh? For emergencies, in theory. Right. Well, they went and lowered the limit on the card. Naturally, the last large purchase we'd made was still on the thing, and when they dropped the limit, it was well over.
So, the incoming big transfer - which was Andi's Yule money, which was supposed to feed us until the 8th, when his finaid would come in - got co-opted to pay. Did they let us know about this before hand? No. Did they ask us how we would prefer to handle this? No. We only found out after the fact, when Andi was asked to 'check his messages' - and found that we had been screwed. So sorry, nothing we can do .... Feh.

So, in short, don't bank with them. Soon's we can, we are closing our account there. A polite nastygram is in the works, but neither one of us can imagine that it will do any good other'n making us feel better. :/
... assholes. Anyway.
I can hope that was the last disaster for the year, right? I /can/ hope that, right?

Website news: I'm still working on it. Andi, however, is now offering webspace on our server for very reasonable rates. I'm available to set up simple starting pages, if you don't do HTML. Mail us for details.

No, I don't have any resolutions (resolved a couple years back not to make any), but I've got this, snagged from Sabledrake's LJ:


In the year 2007 I resolve to:
Become anti-social.



Get your resolution here.



... shouldn't that read '/more/ anti-social'? Ah, well ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home