Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Of first classes and a bloody headache...

The bloody headache is probably from over-exertion.

I missed the flaming bus to get to PCC for the second class and wound up walking some umpteen blocks to the campus. Walking. On foot. Up hill.
I am not dead. I think this means I might be in better shape than I thought.... at least, I hope that's what it means, 'cause I tell you what, I /don't/ want to do that again.
On the other hand, at least I didn't have to walk back. ^^

First class of the day was interesting. I was nearly late (not because of the bus, but because I got lost trying to find room and building... direction sense? /What/ direction sense?) and came in only barely in time.
... Computer Basics. We covered what I have come to think of as 'basic skills' and I cringe to think that some of these people had to take /keyboarding/ before they came in. They do not teach you how to type in school? They give them these shiny comps and they don't teach them to type? (well, I'm a fine one to talk, I never /did/ like the typing tutor program and I learned to touch-type by spending time in chatrooms and refusing to use that thrice-damned net speak shorthand.) Anyway.
I'll need to get some floppies to tide me over until we can afford a USB key. ^^

Basic Design, as I said, was a bit of a hash. I missed the bus (probably not by much, but the damn thing only runs every 15 minutes or so...) and wound up /walking/ all the way up. It's more than a 15 minute walk. I know this because the effin' bus passed me while I was between stops. Typical.
Anyway. I /did/ at least manage to find the classroom without getting lost. They stashed us in a back corner... O.o However, I was about twenty minutes late by then... yup, good going, Thorne... >.<
Anyway. He hadn't called roll yet - in fact, he didn't do that until we were shaping up to leave, but I missed him explaining the materials he wanted us to use. Damnit..
I have a list, though. Why can't these people ask for pads of paper in a size that I /have/?! Not counting the 18x24, I think the biggest pad I've got is an 11x17... Damnit.
However, I only have to fill a couple of holes - so I'm really quite pleased with myself. Aside from being late. I'm thinking maybe this coming thursday I won't bother coming home inbetween - I'll just go in and stay there and maybe see what hoops require lept through to use the pool.
Aside from new goggles, that is... what? The chlorine bothers my eyes and I can't see underwater at /all/ without goggles. Bad shit, I'm tellin' ya... and I like to see where I'm swimming. ^^
... wonder if I can get away without .. nah. TMI. *evil laughter*

Anyway. Have writing tomorrow. Planning to leave /very/ early because I do not, under any circumstances, wish to be late for yet another class. :-/
Damn busses. Anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home