Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Of new places and settling in..

Well, that's done it - we're moved in. I'll have pics later, once the light gets a little better. ^^
It'll be a while before they're scanned and developed, unfortunately, but I will have them. O.o

Still unpacking and trying to figure out where to put things. I figured as much, but ... in a way, it's discouraging. *shrug* On the other hand, Rome wasn't build in a day. (Not Rome, and not, apparently, our home. Heh.)
Have had a chance to work out the bus schedules - catching the various lines here and there yesterday told me where most of the necessary stops are for the college and I'll probably wind up tracking down others in time. I'll probably also be tracking some down for the next City down - there are places there I would like to be able to get to, I think...
Didn't I see a Grocery Outlet down there? Probably - all I have to do is /find/ it again. Heh.
The nearest grocery does /not/ do bulk *gripe* and carries mostly 'low-fat' junk - at least, they do /not/ have whole buttermilk. *gripegrump* Asshats. Basically, they're a little limited. I'll have to go down there in a while with the coupon book and see if I can actually use any of 'em.
Ah. Sunday Paper. *makes a note*

Cats are settling in - KC has mostly stopped slinking around looking shocky and seems to be making himself at home. Omen ... Omen was bouncing around like a spring come unsprung practically the moment he got out of his crate. /He/ seems to be fine.

And my fish are still making do with a tank half the size of the one they were in - unheated, unfiltered - 'bout all it /does/ have is a bubbler so they have air. And all the plants.
... them little cories is tough. ^^

Anyway. Website.
Ain't got there yet. Probably though, it will be moved over when I /do/ get to it - that will probably have to wait a while since I'm still rearranging things and trying to get my home ... well, homey. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home