Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Of Yule and holiday baking

One pie, a small batch of sausage rolls and a batch of brownies later (pie and sausage rolls scratch-made, brownies out of a box. A good box, though - Ghiradelli does excellent boxbrownies..) and I have completed my holiday baking.
Actually, technically, the sausage rolls are in the fridge in a tin - we'll take those and bake them on-site at the House. But I'm done! *thud*

Given that I slept in until nearly one in the afternoon, I feel I have accomplished something. ^^

Presents wrapped, if not packed, goodies baked (the pie and the rolls will go with us to The House - I said I'd bring goodies) and while I might be lacking a bit in Holiday Cheer (and the Christmas 'music' on the radio is /not/ helping... Grrr commercials..), I am damn well ready for Yule!
What?

All of that having been said, I do like this time of year. If I could avoid all the commercial bullshit, I'd enjoy it considerably more, but I am thankful that I can still go back to the little girl I used to be and get all bouncy and excited about Santa (I am a fantasy artist, I am allowed to believe in magic. Including Santa Claus) and presents and all. Ah, and oatmeal. I have to remember to set up the oatmeal before we go to bed.

Mmm. Oatmeal. With raw sugar and ... I should get Andi to leave some of the heavy cream so we can have that with it instead of half and half ... Mmm... good, hearty breakfast. ^^
And I don't use those measly little 'quick oats', either (by the way, anyone who tells you you can't do real oats in the microwave is putting you on. You /can/, and I have. Helps to soak 'em first, though). Real, rolled oats, out of the organic bins. Mmmn... *purrr*

Okay, I'm making myself hungry. Need to shut up about food. ... damnit, ain't gonna happen. Mom's got a roast beast from the butcher (well, meat-packer, anyway - she went and ordered it custom and I guess she got the whole damn thing - /with/ the fat on it.) and I'm looking forward to yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes and carrots, possibly pickled beets, brussels sprouts with butter... Gods, I really /am/ making myself hungry!
Who needs turkey, anyway? ^.~

BTW, I have the scanner hooked up to Circe and the interface is working nicely out of Corel - AND I have the FTP toy hooked up and ready to rumble, so updates should start up again once I get off the Yule thing and quit yoinging around freaking out about school.

Yes. I'm still yoinging around freaking out about school, even though I have /finally/ gotten all my grades back and am running a 3.76 GPA (I got a B in Writing - and frankly, I was astonished to get that! - and As everywhere else). For the next term I have Writing (different teacher and times - this class meets three times a week), both Arts classes (same teacher), Math (*sigh*), and a PE class. This all adds up to twelve credits - last term I had thirteen. (Comp Basics was a 4 cred class. Everything else was 3. This time, everything but math and PE is 3 - Math is 2, PE is 1. Shakes out nice, eh?) Now I'm looking at scholarships and muttering things best left unprinted because out of several hundred, I qualify, maybe, for all of six.
*/sigh/*
Thank the thousand little gods for Fastweb - and I need to spend a weekend hitting them and doing much whaling about with the Gimme Money! bat... Or pen, as the case may be. Lots of these require you to write essays.
This would be more fun if I could pick my topic. *grump* SoP, I suppose. Ah well.
I'm going to shut up now and go find something to eat - thanks to all that talking about Yule Dinner, I'm starving! (having slept through breakfast and lunch would probably have something to do with it too. Heh).

Whee! Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home