Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

And in the aftermath...

Also known as, what'd you get, and how many people went 'Ooo!' in your direction?

We did good. I came out of it with a handful of books, a comp game (that I am actually playing - I'm liking this..) a set of woodworking tools (also known as a /serious/ set of X-acto knives - YES!) and a copy of the Gargoyles first season on DVD!
Mom was very pleased with Perquacky - we later discovered that if it's her and me playing, a 5,000 score ending comes /way/ too fast - and the rest of her pile was very well recieved. ^^ (Among other things - Santa found her some blue glass 'raindrops' - she's slowly amassing a collection of raindrops and dolphins - she was very pleased. I need to remember to lend her the clear monofilament so she can make hangers for them)
There were a lot of books thrown around. Andi got a couple of gaming books, I got a trilogy (Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen, by Garth Nix - I recommend.) Mom and Ladd both walked out with paperbacks (Mom's was a new copy of the one she lost at the train station a couple weeks ago - neat. ^^) Uncle Leslie got a book on writting CSS (Or whatever that scripting language is that lets you write pages without using tables for design) ... of all of us, I think Uncle Iain was the only one to walk out without a book. I think. Could be wrong.

Anyway - dinner was a success - Mom managed to get her hands on a roast with fat on it (two, technically - so we have one for another time...) and so we had roast beef, with roast potatoes and yorkshire, and steamed veggies, with a plum pudding for dessert. (Not bad, but Mom's threatening to /make/ one - it wasn't up to her standards. The lack of suet probably had a lot to do - it was a 'vegetarian safe' plum pudding.. O.o) Crackers were yanked (we're still sort of chuckling over the fake mustache that Andi wound up with..)

And I'm just now getting over the urge to growl, snarl and generally be uncivilised to get people to leave me alone. (Actually, that's got more to do with having had to go out earlier and chase all over the place to sort shit out...) I may get into all the /other/ stuff that needs done - I just have to figure out what all of it is..

Why'm I pissed off about having to go out? Well ... lesse. The USPS is having issues - Andi sent his passport down to the embassy in Friso, via registered mail. He did this last week - according to the lady in the post office, it got there yesterday. According to the Embassy in Frisco as of this morning, it wasn't there yet. This might have to do with the holiday mailing issues, or it might have to do with the airline baggage handlers 'Sick out' (Sounds like something one does to a child who's maybe swallowed poison..) - either way, it ain't there.
Yet. That we know of. So, while we were out today, we hit the bank, to have a 'lost passport form' signature notarized, Safeway, to get the damn thing faxed, then the UPS store to have the SoB sent out Express Second Day (should be there tomorrow before noon..) and then, finally, the post office to find out /their/ end.
*thunk*
However, we managed to get a few other things accomplished too, so I guess it was a success - sort of. O.o
We're still not amused. I think I'm going to go immerse myself in Neverwinter Nights for a while. If I'm /really/ effective, maybe I can drag Andi in with me ..... Either that, or I'll bounce gnomes. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home