Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Holidays ...

It's starting.
Across the street, they've already got their lights up - nice white lights. No flashing, chasing busybusybusy stuff. Nice.

And I grabbed Andi and went tree-hunting. I was anticipating a lot of chasing around, but we found a nice little tree at the first place we went, and I snatched it up. Are we pleased? You-betcha.
Mom just looked at me and said, "Are you /joking/?"
I just shrugged and pointed out that I'm the one who puts it up and takes it down every year. If I'm going to fight a tree, at least it will be a /real/ tree, even if it has been trimmed down to a fare-thee-well and what not. And I will come out of the battle smelling of Noble Fir rather than cheap imitation. ^^
(Besides, my uncle's coming up from Missouri to spend Yule with us this year. It's /worth/ it to have a real tree for his visit. ^^)

Now all I have to do is find a nice set of napkins. The set I bought Mom for Mother's day a few years back only has four in it - and they're blue. So I'll have to find something else. *evil grin* I have an excuse. My uncle is coming up and this will be the first Yule we've had together since I can't remember when. So. /I/ am going to splurge a little as I can.
Mom said she'd get a roast - enough roast to feed six will probably be a splurge all on it's own - so I might as well arrange for a nice table to go with it. Hee!

I'm finding I like to fuss a bit on special occasions. It's fun. It's a little weird ... but it's /fun/. And I enjoy it - I don't really mind cleaning up after it. Although I sense I'm going to have some trouble arranging a center-piece. *mumble*
We've got a /big/ table, but I don't want to take up a quarter of it with the middle while we're shoe-horning six people in around it. ^^;

All of which means I'm behind again. Still. Probably perpetually until the holidays are over and the fancy stuff's been re-stowed in the attic. Hopefully, without anyone banging their head on the door-lintel. ^^

No. I am /not/ getting any mistletoe. ;p (Well, not unless Andi asks.. ^.~)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home