Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

*thud*

Gods.
Thankfully, I haven't got a problem with hiking all over Portland to /get/ to these places - you nearly always see something to make a note of for later reference/visiting....

However, I strongly object to beereau-crap. You can tell - I can't even figure out how the hell to spell it. Well, that works....
Anyway. We hiked down to the INS office to collect Andi's work permit. Not sure how long we were waiting, but I got through at least a few chapters of my book before they hauled him out and got the stuff they needed for the card. Once we had /that/ we hiked down the to Portland Social Security office to get his Social Security number.
He found out there that some dumbass at the INS office couldn't read the way he writes numbers, and futzed his birthdate. Oh, shit.
Fortunately, the person he was talking to had functional brains, and decided to take the majority of the documentation with the /correct/ date seriously, and now we wait to see how long it'll take 'em to get him the card...

Man, I /hate/ gummint beereau-crap...
Gotta admit though, up to here, it's been pretty smooth...

Now all we gotta do is find him a job. /THAT/ shouldn't be hard - he's only got a list of certificates as long as my arm - and my Dad is gunning for some bright kid to train, since he's been dropping hints about retiring left and right.. Hm. *chuckles* Well, it's a hope...

As for /me/, I'm just hoping I won't have to drive him out to Portland too often - since I'm pretty sure the gummint won't reimburse us for the gas/train tickets.. o.O (Shame, too...) on the other hand - all the walking will probably do us both good.. Heh.

I just hope this commission thing starts picking up ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home