Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Happy Holidays..!

Ahh... the holidays. A time to relax with family, enjoy meals in their company, and act nicely to people when you'd /really/ rather bite their heads off.

I make no bones about hating the commercial holidays, the Christmas Extravaganza Last Minute Sales and all that bull - but I love the holidays. The time with family (at least until I can't stand to be around 'em anymore and run off to hide..) and the food and the looks on their faces as they open gifts... I'm into it.
Thing is - most of the /nice/ things I do for people, like hold doors and stuff - I do that all year 'round. I fake 'friendly and polite' very nicely, and I can hold a conversation with a complete stranger for at /least/ a minute in the checkout line with no problems.

And I /hate/ people. No, really, I do. I'd like to think the best of them, but in general (particularly when I've nearly been rear-ended, side-swiped or backed into.. or just nearly /run over/..) I hate people. Especially around Christmas - they all retreat into holiday 'manners', acting sweet and nice and /human/ - and after New Years - it's gone.
This, I don't get. If not for the fact that there very obviously /are/ people who do that kind of thing all year round, season or no, I'd probably turn into the world's worst grinch. *shaking head*

Anyway. I'm sitting in a houseful of people, three cats umpteen fish and a snake (Uncle Leslie brought Snavely the Ball Python with him this time... cool!) having minor amounts of stress trying to figure out where to put the stuff that is currently taking up the space I plan on putting hte tree up in, how to get the table /cleared/ before Yule and wondering exactly how many people are actually going to /want/ oatmeal for breakfast Saturday morning. (Hey, it's a tradition for me. It's a tradition I /like/. Soemthing about .. oh, nevermind.. Suffice to say, it's a Good Thing from my point of view. I'm not sure Mom gets it, though..) Mental note. Take up a camera collection and make sure that everyone's got at least one... ^^

This is fun. It'd probably freak me out if we did it regularly, but as a one off, it's fun. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home