Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year?!

I guess.

I'm mostly looking forward to the new year 'cause it holds the promise of getting the hell /out/! Having our own place, with only myself and Andi and my cat to worry about. Oh - heck, and the fish too. It's a nice idea.

*sighs* May be a while, of course.
No, I haven't updated yet. But that's definitely on the list of Shit To Deal With - assuming I don't wind up hips deep this weekend.


... .Y'know, it occurs to me there ain't a hell of a lot to look forward to in the coming year. We still have a power-mongering, money-grubbing, war-hound for a president, we still have a unemployment list a mile and a half long, the US is still in record debt (with no signs it'll go away in my lifetime...), and there are over a million people dead in a natural disaster that we're /still/ reading about in the ruddy paper - with every expectation that it Will Get Worse. Hm. And no mention of the /other/ umpteen million dead because of shit we pulled. *grump* I love my country. It's the people in charge I'm not too keen on.
Which reminds me. Support the military. Enlist. Or, if you can't for whatever reason, Thank a Vetran.
This public service announcement is brought to you by all those gods-damned yellow ribbons.

*grump*
Oh well. It's a new year. I can hope something will change, and we'll drag ourselves out of the muck we're mired in and demonstrate that we're really /not/ a nation of asshats. Either that, or Andi and I will move to Canada, and they can kiss my ass. ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home