Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Of yet more classes, the damn bus, and some miscellanious

Comp basics is, so far, damn boring. We're starting at the beginning (which has, I grant you, brought to light a couple of interesting details I hadn't known) and working up from there. But ... gah. I've /done/ most of this, from scratch and picked up via experience. I mean, I know more about the interior of my computer than the /teacher/ does!! This bugs me a little.

Writing class, which I was actually more than an hour early for, was kind of interesting - I am surrounded by nursing students - and the teacher seems to be the sort of person who is teaching what I want to learn. In short, how to better express myself via the written word.
This ought to improve my command of grammar and punctuation - not to mention bring to light other places I could use some improvement in - so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Basic Design ... oi. We're starting with a collage, which required magazines or something we could get images from. Do I have anything like that? No. Can I fake it? Yup. Thankfully, I /do/ have a lot of things I cut out from catalogues, so I just took those, my papers from card-cutting and my sticker collection. It worked out.
The result is too big to scan in one piece, however. I'm now working on tracing it.
I did discover that it's possible to get me, my backpack and my carrying case all on the bus at once with no major incedents... this is no small matter, given that my carrying case is big enough to fit an 18x24" sketchpad into.

Tomorrow, I've got the studio art class - and I can only hope I don't get lost trying to find it. ^^

I'm learning to ignore the schedules where the buses are concerned. They get there when they get there and a prospective rider needs to learn to leave plenty of travel time. Ah well. At least they /do/ get there, eventually! *wry grin*
For my next trick, I shall teach myself to do short-distance teleportation, however. :/

Housewarming. House (Apartment) is too warm already - it's cold and wet, I have the windows open and my back immediately to one and I am /still/ not cold enough to want sleeves. However, the party is debated this coming Sunday but might actually land on the following one, thanks to Short Notice. *shrug*


You Are A: Duck!

duckFound in many lakes and ponds, ducks are a common site the world over. Known for their famous quack, ducks tend to congregate in flocks or go off on their own in pairs. As a duck, you may seem friendly at times but will not hesitate to bite if someone is bothering you. Your ability to swim and your your short temper are some reasons why you are a duck.

You were almost a: Frog or a Duckling
You are least like a: Monkey or a SquirrelCute Animals Quiz


... well, the /description/ fits. But, a /duck/?! */sigh/*

Beth? would you like your animal back? O.o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home