Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Of being settled and adventures in cooking..

When I look around and the living/dining room looks more familiar than my old room back at the house, I know I've settled in. ^^
Of course, the cupboards still look a little odd, but I'm sure that can be fixed in time... ^.~

I tell you what though - I have evening classes three days out of seven. Andi isn't back until ten on said days, at least as a rule. So, it's crock-pot special for three days in every week. Generally, the same thing three days in a row.... you cannot do a milk-based soup in a crockpot. Well, you /can/, but the milk seperates and it looks funny. Tastes alright, though. ^^

I discovered this doing leek and potato soup - I added some 'summer' sausage and cauliflour to it 'cause I happened to have some to hand. Tastes fine. Looks funny. Heh.

Not sure what I'm gonna do next week - bits and pieces soup, maybe... (I know someone else calls that 'sink' soup. It'll depend on what bits and pieces I have available.. ^.~)

Classes so far have been interesting - the only thing I'm bored out of my gourd in is Comp Basics and that only until we hit the stuff I don't know. Until then I will probably find myself helping out the poor sod who sits next to me. I've been there. I had to learn it the hard way. :/

I'm enjoying Writing a lot - one'd say it isn't showing much, but we haven't gotten much farther than recognising the problem and figuring out what to do 'bout it.

The Design class, we have solved the mystery of the collage - I'm still transferring the tracing to clean paper and trying to 'fill in the blanks' where I thought I'd traced some details but actually didn't... this happens a lot, s'why I am not keen on tracing anything, the whole 'copying' thing aside...

Drawing I won't know much about 'til we get to the next class - I could wish I had that one twice a week instead of CompBasics.. ^^

Snagged this out of Joules' blog.

Mercury
.:Mercury:.

"Your personality often has two sides. You
have no trouble taking things in stride, but
you like a peaceful balance in your life. You
have a lot of creativity, especially when it
comes to the written word. You are a great
communicator and are very open to new ideas.
You also have a strong desire to learn."


. : : Which Astrological Planet are You? : : . [10 Gorgeous Pics!]
brought to you by Quizilla

... I am? I do? Huhn. Well, I'm told I /do/ communicate well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home