Watch out for the thorns - they're fond of clothing as well as my notes.. If I update something, you'll know about it.

My Photo
Name:

I'm an artist, a writer and chief cook and bottlewasher for a two-person household. My patience for stupid is extremely limited.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Of dinner and a good day out ...

Might as well start with the day. ^^

There was some stuff we needed in Town, so we headed out - first to PetCo in Tiger, to get the Omen-cat a harness (to put his tag on) and some kitty toys for both of them and then to Freddies to pick up some other oddments. And see if they had boots I deem 'acceptable' - mine were, by then, beginning to go south.
No boots. I could not /believe/ what they had that seemed to be 'good'. The /best/ pair they had was a pair of hiking boots... but, they didn't seem to have 'em in my size. (I have small feet. I wear, on average, a 5-5 1/2-6. No beans. Okay. So we get out of Freddies with the detergent we'd gone in for (Unscented, no dyes or anything) and headed up into City. We went to the mall and poked around for a bit, and I expressed considerable disgust at what appears to have become fashionable since I was last paying attention. I wear boots out of habit and they have at least come back into fashion. But! Yes, that's a large 'but' right there. But, they are really, to my mind, not effective! If they don't have two to three inch heels, they are 'fur'-lined and have cutesy 'fur' trim. In a word, no. In two words, /hell/ no!.
Finally, I discovered boots I can live with. They're thick-soled clunkers, but they are not cute and they are not high-heeled or 'fur' trimmed. I also found some very nice black leather boots that will be /very/ nice as 'dress' boots (it should be telling I found this in an 'unfashionable' shoe-store).
Mission accomplished. We made a fast stop in Fredricks for unmentionables that /fit/, and then back down to downtown to the ArtMedia store - to pick up some sketchpads and vine charcoal.
*/sigh/*. 18x24 sketchpads come in two sizes. Too fucking much and not enough. So we got a pair of cheap pads. I also got one of those artist's manikins - it's about six inches tall, bipedal - for not too much. I was tempted by the origami paper, but I did not succumb. ^.~

Then back home, to stow the loot and put Omen's harness on him. Of all the cats I've put harnesses on, he's gotten used to it the fastest and with the least fuss. While he did back himself across the room trying to get out of it, there was none of the thrashing about on the floor hysterics that KC entertained me with when I first harnessed him. ^^
Then I gave them the kitty toys. We got them a fur-mouse and a little 'pillow' full of catnip. .. KC found the 'pillow' and immediately began to maul it. He really gets into his catnip and he was having a ball with that thing, thrashing around, kicking it, flinging it about and holding it down to be chewed on. ^^
Then, since neither of us felt like cooking and both of us were heartily sick of Sink Soup, we went out to eat.
We hit The Melting Pot, a fondue place in City.
... I wanna go back. It was /really/ good. We had four courses - cheese with bread, apples and vegetables to dip in it, salad, entree - which for us was seafood (salmon, scallops and shrimp), chicken and steak (the alternative involved lobster, and I'm not keen on lobster, although I'll eat shrimp) which we impaled and boiled to a fare-thee-well in coq au vin stuff.
Then, dessert. Cheesecake, fruit, poundcake, brownies and marshmallows to dip in chocolate. Yumyumyumyum... The dessert plate was the /only/ one that was completely empty by the time we were done.
It weren't cheap - we aren't doing that more than once every three to four months, if that, but ... yumyumyumyum... ^.^

It was a success. ^.~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home